Monday, October 11, 2010

We need to talk

I know, I know. It's not 100 degrees anymore! I should be thankful! I should thank the sun gods for restraining their anger and ceasing their attempts to melt the flesh off my bones! Don't get me wrong--I am more than happy to be able to go outside to walk the dog and not end it with dragging my sweaty corpse upstairs and then sitting in front of a fan to dry myself off.

But you know what? It is October. OCTOBER. And I read a lot of blogs, and I know that in other, less insane states, people are wearing sweaters and coats and boots. When I think "October," I think pumpkins and chill and SWEATERS AND COATS AND BOOTS. But in reality, I am still slogging through the day in cotton cropped pants and silk tops. NO THANK YOU.

So I'm leaving. Peace out, A to the Z! You suck. You torture and abuse me for five months, and then you torture and abuse me a little less and I'm supposed to kiss your feet. That is still abuse! Especially when I KNOW that other states are not such huge assholes to their residents. You're like a bad boyfriend and I am about to put it us on break, and then I am going to have a passionate (but cold) affair with someone who wants me to be happy - California. California embraces me AND my sweaters and boots. California doesn't take me for granted! It's not me, it's you, Arizona.

I have two more days to deal with your abusive ways, and then I will be OUTTA HERE! Haha!

Now I just have to figure out what tights I can wear with a black cocktail dress, because California is cold, you guys.

Oh, and happy one year to Boyfriend! I can't believe we haven't killed each other yet. It must be love!

No comments:

Post a Comment