Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesdays are the Best


Don't you guys love Headless Tuesdays? I do!

Today was actually a good morning. I got up at 7, went to the dermatologist (you guys might actually see my face again!), took my car to the doctor (Autozone) and got a diagnosis (for real) for its symptoms (check-engine light on). Now that the problem is narrowed down to one issue, I feel much better. But my dad has my car for now, until he feels much better about me driving it.

I also got a workout in this morning. I generally hit my apartment's gym for a mile run on the treadmill, then some weights and then the stair climber, all while I watch HGTV. But know what I did this morning when I handed the keys over to my dad? I also handed over my key to the gates and locks to the gym.

This somersaulted into moving furniture in the living room, discovering a dead bee on the floor, vacuuming the house, watering plants, and rearranging decor on the built-ins. Amazingly, all that took probably 10 minutes, THEN I got to my workout, even though I should have already been exhausted. Thank goodness for cocaine. Just kidding, future employers. It's 'thank goodness for protein bars.'

I did Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD, a workout I have done before and enjoyed/hated. So I was a little nervous heading into it. I work out several times a week, but last time I did this dvd, I threw up. That might have also been because of the vertigo, but still. I don't like throwing up. Good news - I didn't puke! This is REALLY good news for you, because this story could have taken a much grosser turn. In fact, at the end of the workout, I could practically feel the endorphins pumping through my veins. 

It must have been like the kind of high I imagine people on drugs experience. When I was cooling down and stretching, I had a few thoughts on Ms Michaels' career decisions. I may even address them in one of my favorite mediums, the open letter. 

In th meantime, I'll end with this. My outfit today is based on two colors that have played prominently into Anthro's spring line up.
Green sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
Blouse: H&M (bought in Austria)
Grey tank: Target
Jeans: Levi's 507
Shoes: Ellen Tracy

Sorry, guys, I was just kidding when I said you couldn't see my face. Sorry!

Oh, and that title? I was just kidding there, too. Tuesdays are the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment