Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 26: Alive and Walking Around

Barely. It's finals time at Casa de Smartypants, which means my brain does funny things. Like yesterday, in the shower, I thought, "Oh my god, my mom's birthday was yesterday! I forgot all about it! I am the worst daughter ever!" I jumped out of the shower and checked the date on my phone. Sure enough, it was December second. Good thing my mom's birthday was last month, and I got her leaf-shaped pie cutters and went out to dinner with her. Way to be on top of it, brain.

Other than that, there's been a whole lot of AWR and take-homes writing. This is my first semester where I don't have any in-class finals, except for my trial. It's very weird. I never even had take-homes in undergrad. I almost don't know what to think about them. I still have one take-home left, and my trial is Wednesday, and there's that AWR.

There's also been a lot of sneezing, coughing, and moaning about sore throats. That translates to not a lot of getting dressed, because there isn't anywhere I have to be that requires wearing, like, not pajamas. And I have been taking advantage of that. There are even clothes in my 30 for 30 section of the closet that I haven't worn yet because I haven't been getting dressed very much! Crazy!

Tonight, though, I went out to dinner with my parents. We went to my dad's favorite Mexican restaurant, but I wasn't hungry, so I drank more than I ate (but I still didn't turn down dessert, because I'm not, like, dead or anything).


I seriously only had two mojitos, you guys. I think it's the fatigue that puts me over the edge, though.


I don't know. I have to blame it on something.


I think I look like a gangster here, right? I'm like, "Yo, 'sup." See? Gangster. Whatever, you guys.

Cardi: J. Crew
Top: H&M
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: NYC Blank
Shoes: Banana Republic
Necklace: J. Crew
Earrings: Kenneth Cole, via Nordstrom
Belt: snagged from a dress in my closet


Oh, look, one picture where I do not look like a total ham or a deformed lush. (Every shot of my left side looked like my right elbow is, like, grotesquely deformed. I performed a thorough inspection, though, and my elbows seem to be approximately the same size. I blame the camera man, Boyfriend.)

Only four more days left! My outfit tomorrow will also have to be in accordance with the Saturday dress code, ie., red. No worries, I have a red cardigan! After that, I'm gonna try to get dressed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, too, and I'm gonna try to wear stuff I haven't worn yet, but there will be two pairs of pants that never got worn, because I couldn't get them hemmed in time, plus a dress. I probably should have just replaced them, but oh well. I survived just fine on 27 for 30. 

This challenge ends just in time, because I don't think I could have constructed an appropriate court outfit for trial. There are just some things that require a devoted outfit. Things that determine my grade are one of those things.

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. Hilarious! I love that yellow on you - I wish I could wear yellow without being washed out.
    Good luck with all your work. And yay for being almost finished with the challenge!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, fellow remixer here. Hope you get to feeling better soon and that you finish the challenge in high style!

    ReplyDelete