Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have a really good idea



You know how sometimes you ask me how my life is? How studying for the bar is going? And then I look off in the distance with a blank look and you think I have powered down or am contemplating running away right this instant? That second one might be true. But only because there isn't a whole lot to say about studying for the bar. I wake up, I shower, I go to school, I listen to a lecture on my computer, write an essay or so some multiple choice, and all this takes about six or seven hours and by then I am tired, so I go home, maybe lay down for a bit, work out, make dinner, do some more questions, and then zone out for a bit before I go to bed. That is pretty much it. Every day. So there isn't a whole lot to talk about there. The only thing that changes is what I do between step two and step three, which is get dressed.

Back in the day, before law school, I had a... job. Did you think I was going to say life? Nope, I didn't have one of those! My job preempted this "life" thing. But anyway, I had a job, and at my job, I wore clothes. Sometimes I wore dresses, or skirts, sometimes I even wore jeans. But I didn't wear yoga pants*. It was pretty casual, but I still had to go through the motions of "clothes" and "appropriate." It was okay. What I liked even better than wearing clothes to my job was wearing clothes to my internship. When I interned at the prosecutor's office, I was the only lady who wasn't support staff. I interacted with the public daily and made frequent courtroom appearances. This required that I step up my game on the whole dressing thing. I wore pencil skirts, A-line shifts, blouses, and suits like you wouldn't believe. And I looked super cute! I wish I had shared it with you guys, because I totally rock "business attire." But I didn't. And now I am not an intern anymore and I am sad and I am studying for the Bar all the time. Pout face. I don't wear business attire, because business attire is not conducive to sprawling on the floor crying ** or sitting cross-legged or with my feet up, or to the frigid temperatures in our study room. Instead, I wear t-shirts, hoodies, socks, glasses, and yoga pants***.  It's obviously not as glamorous. But you know what? That's okay! I'm still going to post it on here. Yep, I'm going to document my wardrobe during Bar study. It shall be a weird, anthropological study of the effects of brain melting practice exams on my sartorial choices. Maybe by July 15 I will be wearing jeggings! On my head! Who knows, we'll see. So, starting today, we're going to have a daily "What I Wore: Bar Study" feature. It's very NYT, but not as cool. Are you so excited? I am! First post will be tonight!


* Okay, I wore yoga pants sometimes, but only when I was the only one there, frequently on the weekends, when I was probably menstruating. Have I talked about periods yet on this blog? It's about time, then.


** Just kidding, this hasn't happened. Yet.


*** Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment