Friday, June 17, 2011

What I Wore for Constitutional Law 1 and Padre's

Is there a name for the phenomenon of meeting your idol and being disappointed? Like you LOOOOVE Tom Hanks and then you meet him and it turns out he's totally okay with kicking two ten year old girls off a balcony to watch the Disneyland Aladdin parade? Was that oddly specific? Not that that happened to me or anything. Anyway, that phenomenon happened to me today. Today was supposed to be super exciting because our Con Law lectures are by Chimerinski, and I totally geeked out because I LOVE Chimerinski's Con Law books. But his lectures were about not nearly as exciting as you thought (and I bet you thought Federalism, Powers of the Judiciary, Executive, and Legislature, and Individual Rights were like an off-the-wall party). In fact I would liken it to that interminable time after the medical assistant leaves the exam room and you just hang out in a paper dress waiting for the doctor to walk her happy butt in the room. Good thing I wasn't wearing a paper dress. Here's what I did wear:



Hi-o, baby basil! I can't wait to eat you!

What I Wore:
Pink Old Navy Tee (seriously, LOVE THIS SHIRT YOU GUYS. I am planning on buying it in more colors)
Grey Lounge Pants from Old Navy
Black Flip Flops from Old Navy

I'm gonna be honest, you guys. All my comfy clothes are from Old Navy, or at least that is what I am learning from this experiment. But you know, it makes sense. Unless you are one of those ladies who needs to sleep in silk chemises (I am not) or lounge about in a robe that matches your lavendar plants (again, I am not), chances are, you are gonna be totally happy with the cheap stuff, so why spend money on clothes you don't care about or that you don't wear out to impress anyone? These lounge pants are gold, seriously. I almost didn't want to wear them to listen to the lecture because as soon as I put them on I just wanna go to sleep, and sleep isn't really helpful when you're trying to remember stuff.

After my lecture, I killed a Civ Pro essay and then booked it home to meet my parents for dinner. We went to Padre's, which is my dad's single favorite restaurant ever. We frequent that patio pretty frequently and have "our" server, who always remembers what we drink. Today she told us she's getting her psychology degree and she wants to go to law school and I yelled "DON'T DO IT!" Just kidding. No, I did, and then I told her that it's a lot of work but worth it. So, yeah, I lied. Kidding. I still don't know how I feel about law school. All I know is I want to be a prosecutor and they make you get your JD to do that. Am I better for it? We'll talk about this after the bar, because right now I just feel annoyed by the whole thing. Here's what I wore to tell some poor girl she shouldn't go to law school:


What I Wore for this very tiny iPhone pic:
Saint Tropez West dress via Macy's
LC wedges (yes, those ones!)

Who's that cute guy forced into posing with me? That's my dad! Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thanks for having me, and then for putting up with me for so long!

How are you saying thanks to your dad this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment