Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Whole Bunch of What I Wores

Yesterday I promised you a post, and then do you know what I did? I went home to watch yesterday's Real Property 2 lecture on my couch, because Brady didn't feel well, and then I took a two hour nap and woke up not feeling well. Then I proceeded to lay about and do nothing productive, including watching yesterday's lecture. I absolutely hate being behind, but when you have stuff to do every day for two months in a row, there is bound to be at least a day that you just don't feel 100%, or even 50%, and you sleep all day.

Today I still didn't feel well, but I managed to get my butt out of bed at 10 am and shower and listen to a lecture before retiring to the couch. I upped my water intake and I am actually feeling better. I never believe people when they're like, "Oh, how do I look so beautiful all the time? I drink 8 glasses of water a day, dahling!" (They always say 'dahling,' just like that. And they wave their hand at you. Don't you want to smack those people?) But when it's 111 degrees outside, I think water might just have that special power Gwenyth Paltrow seems to swear by (plus eating 200 calories a day and being rich. I'm working on that last one. One thing at a time. Today it's water).

Anyway, I'm gonna catch you up on What I Wore now.

Saturday was a Con Law workshop on Substantive Due Process, Equal Protection, and Religion/Establishment Clause. After the workshop, I was on a mission to find a photo frame for my dad's Father's Day gift. There's a new store that opened up next to Padre's a few months ago called Camelback Consign and Design. I really wanted to check it out, so I headed over there after the workshop. I didn't find my photo frame, but I found some cool stuff. None of it came home with me, but I took pictures and I will do a post about it! Fun fun fun fun. After my browsing excursion, I headed over to the car wash for a car bath for my poor little Saturn who got filthy in a storm that hit downtown Phoenix a while a month a long time ago. I inadvertently went to Danny's Car Wash, which I try not to patronize after I sent my car there with the explicit directions to remove the big pile of bird poop on the hood, which they failed to do, and then refused to redo my car. I asked you to do one thing, Danny. Anyway, this time they got my little red coupe confused with a white F350 and held onto it for a while because they thought they were going to detail it. I sat in the sun waiting for my car until Brady went and inquired (I hate talking to people) and fixed the whole thing out. If I were going to get a free detail out of it, I would not have minded the extended wait time, but Brady saved me from my bad karma points. By the time we were in our clean, chemically-perfumed cars, I was sweltering and went to Target to get some shorts, since I own one pair of shorts to my name. I am not a shorts person. It's a lingering self-consciousness from a girl who called my legs fat when I was like 10. Our minds really hold onto things. Anyway, when I finally got home, I was ready for bed. At 6:30 pm. It all worked out, though, because Brady made me dinner, and the steak quesadillas made the compromise to my rep worth it. Here's what I wore Saturday:

What I Wore:
Shirt: Target (another super comfy shirt I love during the summer every day of my life)
Jeans: Levi's via Macy's (cuffed)

Sunday was Father's Day! First I got up and listened to the first two hours of a Con Law lecture, and then I headed over to my parents' for dinner. My mom and I were going to go get a pedicure (I know, Happy Father's Day, Daddy) but the salon was closing early. I took my talons home in sadness, but then I felt better because my mom made chicken casserole. It was a nice, quiet semi-special day with my family (my dad says his birthday is his special day, and that's how you know I am his daughter - our shared shunning of Hallmark holidays. That goes for Valentine's Day, too!). Here's what I wore:



What I Wore:
gauzy purple dress from Dubrovnik
Shoes: LC wedges
Necklace: Eiffel Tower necklace

This is the second time I have worn this dress, which is a shame because it is really perfect for Arizona summers. The only thing is I worry that it's see-through in the light, and I am not into adding layers when it's the temperature of hell out here.

Monday: I didn't take any pics. Sorry. Don't worry, it's an outfit I'm sure I will wear many more times over the next few weeks.

Tuesday we had a "mini-exam." That means we had to write two essays, without notes. Without notes, it's really more like a creative writing exercise, because I haven't memorized outlines yet. Most of my "rules" are based on things that seem like they could be right, and sound about halfway familiar. Brady wasn't feeling well, so we went back to my place to listen to the lecture and then the aforementioned two-hour nap happened. Here's what I wore for the one hour I was productive yesterday:



What I Wore:
Tee from Anthropologie
Cropped pants from J.Crew
Cardi from Target

I can't tell you how many times I have had to save this cardi from people who wanted to take it home with them. It really is a great little cardi. Some people hate cropped cardis, but I find them perfect for us short-waited people.

Okay, last day. I already explained how useless I was today, so I'll spare you the epexegesis.


What I Wore:
Nebraska hoodie (stolen from Brady)
Yoga pants from Old Navy
Reading Glasses from Coach

My main goal tonight is to get back into a normal schedule and get back on track tomorrow. That reminds me: gotta go chug a few more ounces of water, dahling!

P.S., Sorry about these photos. I don't know why I can't make them larger without them being all blurry. I will have my IT guy get on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment