Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 9 - Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury

Today I'm feeling a bit more like myself, so I had a bit more fun getting dressed. If "fun" equals a pencil skirt and button-down, which it does to me. I'm weird like that.

I have a closing argument today in Trial Practice. It isn't mandatory that we dress up, and I don't dress up for these kind of assignments, but Tuesdays and Thursdays I do try to dress with a bit more effort, because that class is taught by three adjuncts, all of whom I hope to know someday on a professional basis. As far as I'm concerned, every day is a job interview at law school, so it's always best to err on the side of professionalism. Plus, when I know I'm going to be the focus of attention, I feel better if I look the part, or at least more the part than I would in jeans and a tee shirt. I don't know how some of those people do it.

Don't worry, the dog doesn't go with the outfit when I leave the house. But if I am standing around, he stands next to me and stares at me.





See?



Top: Rogan for Target (I haven't been wearing this shirt much, which is why I put it in my 30 for 30)
Skirt: Express
Shoes: Kate Spade
Necklace: J. Crew
Glasses: Coach (yes, I need them to see when I am reading.)

I love this necklace more and more every day, and I like its chunkiness. 

Off to Lawyer Pretend Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment