Sunday, November 7, 2010

Up for the Challenge?


I am! This starts tomorrow. Yikes! I'm already thinking about the clothes I'm gonna miss wearing. But here goes. First, the clothes on my bed:




Five tops:


Two button downs and two blazers. (No, not two identical blazers, I swear. One is a jacket/top. I don't know how to properly categorize it. I searched Express for it, but it looks like it's all gone. So you'll just have to take my word for it.):


Three skirts:

 Three dresses:
 Wait, there are only two dresses there, you say? Well, how very mathy of you! The other one will be here this week. It is enroute and could not make it in time for the 30 for 30 Challenge Kick Off. If it doesn't work out, I'll substitute another dress. Or pick another top. I don't know. I feel scared.

Here are some pants! Five of them. Two have to make a trip to the dry cleaner's, and one of those needs some hemming before they get some play.


Five cardigans.

Finally, five pairs of shoes:


As I mentioned earlier, this is work day and weekend wear. What is not included? Glad you asked!

You noticed there wasn't any underwear in those above pictures? Well, that's because I don't wear underwear. Just kidding. I totally wear underwear, because I am a hygenic, Christian woman. But underwear doesn't count. Neither do workout wear, pajamas, or whatever I put on after I drag my tired booty through the door. In case we get a very unlikely cold snap in the next 30 days, coats don't count, either. Neither do accessories or tanks or camis, because I pretty much wear those under everything. I also didn't count clothes I wear for horses, because that seems silly.

All of these are now all together in my closet, ready for go time. I'm scared. I think I might have withdraws from some of the things I left out. But I think this will be good. They're just clothes, after all, and life isn't about shopping during class or having something new, even if you really, really, really want it and it's the only one left in your size and it's so cute. I think I need to learn some serious lessons about my appearance and not buying something new to impress someone. I should impress people because I am charming and fun, not because I spent three hours getting dressed, which they never even know anyway. Right? Plus, it will be fun! That's what I"m telling myself, so go with me here, please.

Ok, I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment