Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

You have to start somewhere, right? This is where I am starting. Everything is "in" the house, but it is obviously not arranged or organized or even remotely near the appropriate place. But this is where we are.


Welcome! The mat says it do I don't have to.


This is the door you just entered.  Come on upstairs!

 Yes, these ones. Come on.


This is the kitchen. It's the first thing you see when you get upstairs. Well, there's kind of a landing, but when I took pictures, there were boxes piled up there. So we're skipping that right now.


This door is usually closed, obviously, but I had to show you. I'm very proud of my pantry. Sprinkles mix, anyone?


 And if you turn to your left when you get upstairs, this is what you see.


 Turn more left. Dining room! My table is so ginormous, it has to be pushed up against the wall to walk. It shall be replaced with a pedestal table, someday.



Living room! I love it. It's so cozy. Well it will be, once not everything is on the floor.



Built ins. I balked against the idea at first because I'm not generally a fan, but I have kind of warmed up to them, and I have big plans for these babies.

 Looking at the built ins from the living room. The complex painted the wall. Aren't they sweet? It would be awesome if they would fix the light above my door, because it's kind of like Rape Hallway walking in there at night.



Peeking into the kitchen from the living room. That's the bathroom door. When your apartment is 873 square feet, your bathroom door is going to be uncomfortably close to the kitchen, no matter what.


Oh, my, sorry about this. This was my bedroom this morning. The clothes on my bed are part of the 30 for 30 Challenge. I like to combine projects. Why do one thing at a time when you can do two? One is boring.




And the dresser.

Don't mind my pink polka dot pajama pants.

 Hot mess next to my side of the bed.

 Mini hallway from my bedroom to the bathroom! Cute.

 Breaker box! Yep, in my bedroom. Lovely, no? It's hidden from sight if I keep that door open, but it's kinda weird. Not sure what to do with it. As my mom pointed out, at least I won't have to go very far if power goes out in the middle of the night. Silver lining!

 Haven. Closet.

Don't worry, I won't accompany you to the bathroom in real life.


Just showing you where I want to hang some hooks so the towels don't have to get thrown over the shower curtain.
 Thusly.

 Please wash your hands.


  You are also welcome to wash your face. Also, hi, camera!


 Poor linen closet, waiting for me to wash all the towels and sheets.



Oh, and I have two closets. This is the one I didn't show you. What do we think about the mirrored doors? I don't like them, though they are useful. I'm still debating the options with these.

I would show you the rest, but that's pretty much it. In the interest of full disclosure, it looks a little different now. I unpacked more, took out boxes, and moved some stuff in my bedroom. But you'll see that soon. All in good time, doves. All in good time.

Hopefully I won't make too much of an embarrassment of myself with this "blogging the decorating" thing. Be gentle with me, please.

1 comment:

  1. Can you hang a sassy framed something to cover the breaker box? Loving the new place. Can't wait to see it in 3D

    ReplyDelete