Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day Three: Falling onto Old Ways


Today was a bit of a blah day, and I'm not going to lie, I went with a standby. This skirt is one of the best investments I have ever made. I probably wear it once a week, it's basic but still interesting, and I get compliments nearly every time I wear it. Most importantly, I feel comfortable in it - not "sensible shoes" comfortable, but it's true I don't worry about it getting twisted or sliding down or getting otherwise wonky. When I say "comfortable," I mean that I feel like it looks good on me and I don't worry that I look silly. I want to say that I don't care what people think about how I look, and screw them if they don't like my style, but that's just not me. I care. And if I don't feel like something looks right, I will be (even more) self-conscious until I can change into my pajamas. And when I hit a certain level of self consciousness, I get very cranky. So we don't want that to happen.

But this, I feel like it always looks right.
J. Crew skirt
J. Crew Jackie cardigan
Nine West flats
Tiffany & Co. necklace
Forever 21 earrings





With the cardi undone, Forever 21 tank
One of the reasons I chose this skirt as part of my 30 for 30 Challenge is because, while it's something that I wear regularly, I always wear it with the same old thing (a black H&M top). I didn't include that top in this challenge, and I'm gonna force myself to try it with something new. That's one of the reasons I'm doing this challenge: with all the clothes in my closet, I still wear the same things all the time. Don't tell my dad, but he's right: there are clothes in my closet that still have tags on them. So I'm challenging myself to try new things. 

So while this is a standby for me, I am trying something new with the cardi. Baby steps, you guys.


I realize I have worn these shoes every day this week. I promise, different shoes tomorrow. Just for you guys. Don't say I don't do anything for you.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with feeling self-conscious when I don't like what I'm wearing. Whenever I feel blah in the morning, I like to turn to one of my stand-by "fabulous" dresses. This skirt looks great, and I like it with the green cardi.

    Happy Remixing!

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kendra! It's crazy how much of a difference clothes can make in how we see ourselves. One morning, I didn't get ready at my house, and the instant I put on what I had packed, I hated it and could not WAIT to change. I was in a bad mood until I got to my closet and could remedy the situation. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete